All visa applicants in Vietnam wishing to come to the United Kingdom for a period longer than six months need to obtain a certificate confirming that they are free from infectious tuberculosis (TB) before submitting their visa application.
The categories of applicant that are affected include long-term students (over six months) PBS Tiers 1,2 and 5 (over six months) (plus all dependants of the aforementioned), and all settlement and marriage cases. Please note that those failing to submit a certificate at the time of application will be refused and the visa fee will not be refunded.
An IOM Medical Certificate will be provided for all applicants, regardless of age, who are free of infectious tuberculosis and who are applying for a visa to come to the United Kingdom for a period longer than six months.
The following applicants will be exempted from the TB test:
All diplomatic passport holders being posted to the United Kingdom;
To arrange your medical examination, please contact the International Organization for Migration (IOM) in Viet Nam at the following sites:
Level 23rd, Building 72 Keangnam Hanoi Tower,
Pham Hung Street, Me Tri Ward,
Nam Tu Liem District, Ha Noi.
Tel: (+84.24) 3736 6258
Hotline: (+84-9) 66 319 066
Ho Chi Minh City:
1B Pham Ngoc Thach Street,
Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC
Tel: (+84.28) 3822 2057
Fax: (+84.28) 3822 1780
IOM working hours:
Click here to view IOM working hours.
- Original passport, and a copy of the passport;
- Original ID card and a copy of the ID card;
- For children under 15 years, original birth certificate and its copy, if passport not available;
- Ante-Natal Care Book for pregnant women
- Printed address in the UK. Note for students: if you do not know your exact address please indicate the University/school where you plan to study.