Open to Internal and External Candidates
VN 2018/01 (GS-HCMC)
Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
February 01, 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of eighteen months or more. This requirement will be reduced to six months for internal candidates who are incumbents of a position confirmed for discontinuation.
Under the overall direction of the Head of Office (HoO) and the direct supervision of the Head of ICT Unit in Ho Chi Minh City, the ICT Assistant is responsible for software maintenance, support, report generation, data tracking and user assistance for the entire sub-office and provides additional support to the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responds to all matters related to the computerized systems for medical file documentation and medical data processing of cases screened in Vietnam;
- Develops and maintains computerized databases for the Medical Section including the tuberculosis database, sputum smear and culture database, and medical examination data from the screening of migrants;
- Assists the IOM Laboratory Supervisor in setting up and maintaining a database for IOM laboratories;
Visa Application Centre:
- Supports users on CVAC (Canada Visa Application Centre) online applications and office equipment;
- Report and troubleshoot all matters related to the CVAC online application to CVAC’s Manager and IT Supervisor;
- Provides hardware troubleshooting and technical support to the computer system and e-mail system in the IOM Office;
- Assists the Head of ICT with the cabling system, LAN administration and telephone system;
- Assists with the creation of IOM electronic employee lists, including the creation of employee identification cards and door access permission;
- Assists IOM’s Ho Chi Minh City Sub-Office finance section with the maintenance of electronic files;
- Supports the Finance section with software and database formatting, reporting and troubleshooting. Inserts new service fees into accounting program as required;
- Upgrades/maintains IOM Vietnam website;
- Supports IOM Online Application;
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Assists colleagues with IT support as required;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Head of ICT and Head of Office.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or computer-related major with two years of relevant professional experience or completion of High School Diploma/Certificate with four years relevant professional experience;
- Experience in Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Knowledge of Cisco network hardware and software;
- Experience in Databases, Drupal, Web application;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in multicultural environment with external and internal partners; Ability to take initiative, establish priorities, coordinate and monitor own work plan;
- Discretion and maturity of judgment are required;
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
- Accountability- accept and give constructive criticism, follow all relevant procedures, processes, and policies, meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Client Orientation- identify the immediate and peripheral clients of own work, establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning- contribute to colleagues' learning, demonstrate interest in improving relevant skills
- Communication – actively share relevant information, clearly communicate, and listen to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Creativity and Initiative- proactively develop new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation - convince others to share resources, present goals as shared interests
- Performance Management - provide constructive feedback to colleagues, provide fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - set clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self, and others, identify priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Professionalism - master subject matter related to responsibilities, identify issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Teamwork - actively contribute to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team Environment, contributes to, and follow team objectives
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From 03.01.2018 to 01.02.2018