Through its Immigration and Border Management (IBM) Division, IOM supports Member States in improving the policy, legislation, operational systems, human resources and administrative and technical structures required to respond more effectively to diverse migration and border management challenges. Immigration and Border Management (IBM) activities are in line with IOM’s commitment to facilitate orderly, safe and regular migration and mobility.
IBM activities are designed as partnerships with governments and other relevant interlocutors to identify needs, determine priority areas, and shape and deliver interventions. The IBM team's activities are continuously evolving to meet new migration challenges on the national, regional and international level.
IOM has been carrying out IBM activities in Viet Nam since 1987.
- Completed Projects and Trainings
- Community meetings on safe migration and prevention of potential irregular maritime migration from Viet Nam to Australia in Binh Thuan
- Community Dialogue on safe migration and prevention of irregular migration from Viet Nam to Australia by boat in Quang Binh province
- Training course for peer-educators on communication skills for combating irregular migration in Binh Thuan province
- Promoting development-friendly migration policies in Viet Nam through enhancing the evidence base for policy